What is a cookie?
An cookie It is a text file harmless which is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of cookie It is that the web is able to remember your visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been used since 20 years ago, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam or spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie?
Our cookies They not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. Data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server will not associate you as a person if not your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Cookies Technical: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies Analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation being done, the sections most used, consulted products, time period of use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are the cookies own and those of others?
Our own cookies They are generated by the page you're visiting and third They are generated by services or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I turn off the cookies?
To understand the scope that may have disable cookies we show some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as it usually happens in online shops.
- You can not access this area staff web, such as My account: My profile o My orders.
- Online shops: It will be impossible for you to make purchases online; they will have to be made by telephone or by visiting the physical shop if there is one.
- It will not be possible to personalise your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- You will not be able to see segmented advertising, which will reduce the website's advertising income.
Can I remove cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies a website must go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
configuration cookies polulares for more browsers
Here's how to access a cookie specific browser Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears above right.
- See different sections, click the option Show Advanced Options.
- Go to Privacy , Content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- a list will appear with all cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier to find cookies enter a particular domain or part of the address field Search cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines appear on the screen cookies Site requested. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to its elimination.
To access settings cookies browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy .
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access settings cookies browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options o Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy .
- En History choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the option AcceptYou can turn on or off according to your preferences.
To access settings cookies browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy .
- Here you will see the option block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access settings cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy & SecurityYou will see the option block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and PrivacyYou will see the option Accept to check or uncheck the box.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Configuration
- Now you can enable or disable the box allow cookies.